Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Climb

It's been a while since I wrote something here. I started working and life is a cycle that goes on and on. Now I know why people dread working. However, I did manage to get a twist from my usual cycle last weekend. Climbed the glorious Mount Kinabalu and made it to the top!

It was not easy. It was definitely challenging whether physically or mentally especially for a person who is so passive like me. The many hours of climbing drenched the energy out of me. I was dead tired after a 6km long trail of climbing uphill but the journey did not stop there. After dinner, me and the other two cousins went to bed before waking up to continue the climb to the summit again. Woke up 1.30am to get ready and had some food before starting to climb at 3am in the morning.

Trekking in the dark under the moonlight, arrived the summit after hours of climbing those rocks. The moonlight that night was so bright that it shown every contour of the mountain. Had to use ropes to climb those steep areas and it was not an option. I freaked out. I did. One wrong step and I would be rolling down the mountain. I made it through though. Overcome my fear and got through stages by stages. After the many hours, reached the peak of the mountain with the help of a friend. It was such a blessing that it didn't rain on the way up that night. Thank God for the good weather that I made it through.

The entire journey was exhausting. I injured my knee on my way down the mountain and I had to walk downhill all the way. Brand new experiences gained from this conquest. What I gained from this memorable journey was simply priceless. I conquered the highest mountain in South East Asia and I am proud :) Would I go again? I might ;)
  

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com