Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Popularity

In the end, it is still a popularity contest. Be it in high school, or workplace. There I thought that things changes when you get to the working world where people are grown up; more mature. 

It is actually rather disappointing when you realize that popularity counts regardless you are in your uniform or not. Perhaps, this is called social skill? (Haha!) Well, I don't think I am the only one feeling this. Seen people post about similar things in my Facebook feeds where people rant out their frustration over something famously known as 'office polictics'. 

Sometimes, I couldn't help but to wonder if this so called social/people skill is much more important than your real work. If that is the case, why bother working so hard? Some people who seems to have 'better' social skills gets what you think you deserve whereby you feel you put your heart and soul yet they wouldn't matter if you do not have the mentioned skill, or mixing with the right people, or so they say. 

Not that I am complaining about my workplace, just a moment of epiphany. This is reality, this is life. Suck up to it! (This should not stop you from giving your all in everything you do though)

Just saying. 

Yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com