Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Perfection

I am one girl who likes perfection. However, I do not claim myself as a perfect girl.

Everyone has flaws. Not one person is perfect no matter in this world except for the ONE majestic one. As for the rest of us, we are just trying to be the best we can. I am part of this race of human being that tries to improvise myself in every way that I could. In this effort to trying to make a better self, I somehow developed a habit called perfection. I want most of the things around me to be perfect whether they are one petty stuff or any major things ranging from how I lead my life to my work and the list goes on.

I remember those days when I was still in primary school where we had a lot of projects/assignments which includes folio and scrapbook, I would reprint the whole page of work if I spotted ONE itsy bitsy teenie weenie error. Spelling error? Spacing error? Or ink smudged? You name it. Due to this reason, some of those completed projects might be pretty costly at the end of the day. They have to be up to my own standard before they are passed up. At the end of the day, I am happy with the outcome. Though I know it may not be exactly all perfect, I know I have given my best and looking the outcome of those effort simply makes me proud of myself. That self satisfaction is what I am looking for. Till this day, I still do the same thing in my assignments in uni.

Another way to spot this habit in me would be the days where I try to dress up before going out. When I try to pull off some hairstyles that are out of the ordinary ones that I would like to try out, I would just end up with a simple ponytail at the end of the day if I am not satisfied with the outcome of whatever I am doing with my hair. Or nails painting for example. The reason why I am so lazy to paint my nails nowadays is because of single smudge or imperfection of the wet painted nails, I would practically rub everything off. At the end of the day, I would have unpainted nails. 

True enough, this habit of  mine could be very frustrating at times when I do not get the result that I want. Not to mention costly whether you are talking bout time, money or effort. In the process, I might have even stepped on some others' tail and I am truly sorry if you are one of them. However, this strongly characterize who I am and I am happy of the way I am now. Therefore, I shall continue to seek for perfection in everything I can as long as I am not breaking the law. Anyway, being perfectionist is not a crime, no? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com